WELCOME TO THE LEP BLOG!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! This is where I give families sneak peeks of their fabulous sessions and rant and rave about the amazing job I have! I LOVE what I do, capturing love moments of babies, families and everything in between! At this time, I am unable to do weddings, events, and large families.

Color and contrast on my blog are very dull. It's a problem I've been having for over a year now and hopefully it will lead to a new blog soon.

All photos are copyright of Lindsay Ernst Photography. Do not use without permission.


CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW LARGER.

Friday, January 22, 2010

I heart faces- #41 Fix it

This is my first I heart faces fix it!!! They will post an image and allow you to download it and fix it however way you'd like. I know many of you love to see before and afters so hopefully this will be the first of many I heart faces fit its!!

After reading the post for this image, my heart was broken. To read this families story and find their blog links, click the icon below. This was their original image.



My Edit
I exclusively use Totally Rad Actions (at least for now anyway!). I love them! I first cropped and tilted it and then did the following actions

Oh Snap 100% (I love color and contrast!)
Saturation brush 35% on all color objects
Lux Soft 100%
Get Faded Autumn 40% ( Since the photo was obviously taken in Autumn it just felt right)
Get Faded Spring 10% (wanted to bring more of the greens out)
Get Faded Winter 15%
New Layer-Brush, Black 20% around edges (I'm not a huge fan of vignette actions, so I try to replicate that effect but more subtle)
Adjustments Linear Contrast

To find many more edits of this wonderful family shot, head on over to I heart faces, click this icon:




3 comments:

Joyce DZ said...

I love the retro edit and the crop! Very nice!

Sandy "From the Heart of Texas" said...

Love the Oh Snap! Action use it myself sometimes that and Boost. Love your crop and color/action edits.

Marla said...

Love it and love the crop.